1/16/07

Asian Citrus Dressing Recipe

Asian Citrus Dressing

Each time I post a recipe I will do my best to give credit to the person or source I got it from. I honestly do not remember where I got this recipe from or if I created it myself. I've had it for years and have used it on salads and as a marinade for chicken and seafood. It's very versatile and delicious.

2 Tablespoons toasted peanut oil
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
4 Tablespoons rice vinegar
4 Tablespoons orange juice (approximately 4 oranges)
2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 Tablespoons soy sauce (I prefer low-sodium soy sauce but it's up to you)
2 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard

Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl or combine and shake vigorously in a jar with a tight lid. Cover tightly and refrigerate at least one hour.

*Note: To use as a marinade for chicken - marinate for at least 30 minutes. To use as a marinade for seafood - marinate for approximately 15 minutes. There is a lot of acid in this so it will "cook" the seafood if you leave it in much longer.

No comments: