1/20/07

Mom's Popovers

Mom’s Popovers

These popovers always remind me of winter in New York. When it was freezing outside my mother would make beef stew and popovers and both were so delicious. She served the popovers nice and hot, right out of the oven with a little butter on them. It was a great way to warm up.

3 large eggs
1-1/4 cup whole milk
1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp butter, melted

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

In a small bowl beat the eggs with an electric mixer until creamy about 30 seconds. Add milk and continue to beat for 1 minute.

Add flour and salt. Mix by hand until all the ingredients are combined.

Generously grease 6 large muffin cups. Fill the muffin cups half full. Bake for 25 minutes and then reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake for 15 more minutes until golden brown. It is important NOT to open the oven door during baking or the popovers will collapse in the muffin cups.

Serve immediately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy are these good. Someone sent me your blog and I just love it. I tried these 2 days ago because I always heard of popovers but never had them. Theyre so easy to make.