1/19/07

Need to get your storage containers organized?

I don't know about you, but I have a big drawer full of Tupperware and other storage containers of all sizes and shapes. It used to drive me nuts trying to figure out which lid went with which container. I also had lids that had no container and containers that I had no lids for. Or my husband would put food in a container and then ask me which lid to use (as if I had some inside knowledge on it). I finally took everything out of the drawer, matched lids with containers, threw out all the odd pieces, and then numbered each one. I used a permanent marker on the bottom of each. Now it's a breeze to find things. If I put food in container #2, I just find the lid that has the same number on it. No more confusion. Believe me, it's simple and it works; even Sal can can find his own lid now and I told you how well acquainted he is with all things kitchen-related. If you need to get yourself organized in the kitchen it's a great way to start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need you to come to my house and organize my Tupperware closet!

Anonymous said...

i'm going to do this over the weekend. cool idea mine are all over the place and i can never find what i need. keep giving me tips i need all the help i can get