1/18/07

It's been a long day

I'm working on the "Using Fresh Herbs" section. I planned on doing it today but I'm exhausted from work and putting up with all the traffic on the way home. The traffic here in South Florida is brutal.

Over the weekend I'll fill that section in and I'll also show you some more gadgets and tools that I use in my kitchen. I have lots of them. I'm forever buying things for my kitchen. Thankfully we just completely remodelled ours so now I have twice as much storage space as I used to.

When I want new dishes or serving bowls, two of my absolute favorite places to go are Italy and Mexico. Not only do I love the people and the culture in both countries but the pottery they make is great. I've bought the most beautiful plates, dishes, bowls, platters, ladles and a number of other things on our many trips throughout both countries. I just bought the most adorable cazuela (like a gratin dish) there to make queso fundido in. Queso Fundido is basically a Mexican cheese fondue but I add chorizo and onion among other things. Delicious! When I make it again, I'll take a picture of it and post the recipe.

No comments: